Wauchula Police Department
  I n t e g r i t y • R e s p e c t • F a i r n e s s • C o m p a s s i o n  
Frequently Asked Questions

How do I commend an Officer for a job well done?

The Police Department definitely appreciates when a member of the community chooses to acknowledge an officer who went above what is expected. You may commend any officer or employee of the Police Department by filling out the form under the "Comments" section of this website or by calling (863)773-3265 and asking for Lt. Whatley. You may also go to the City's website and fill out an Employee of the Month form for any City employee including police officers, if you feel their service rises to that level. If you choose to nominate an Employee of the Month click on the following link:

City of Wauchula "Employee of the Month" form

Where do I go to get a copy of a police report?

We are located at 128 S 7th Ave at the Wauchula Police Department. We are open Monday - Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm.

Are police reports available to anyone?

Yes, with very few limitations such as juvenile information, the identity of a victim of a sexual offense, domestic violence, and reports containing information about open or ongoing investigations. Nearly all police reports are available to anyone.

Am I entitled to police report information about my neighbor's activities?

Florida Public Records Law allows anyone to request police report information about any individual as long as the case is not currently open or is not classified as an ongoing investigation.

Can I get information about criminal activity in my neighborhood?

Yes. A Crime Activity Log can be run for a specific period of time.

How much does a police report cost?

Fees may be applicable for a report.  Fees are based on the type of report and quantity of copies required.

How can I find out if someone is in jail, when they can be visited, and any other information about someone in jail?

Information on subjects arrested and transported to the Hardee County Jail can be obtained from the Hardee County Sheriff’s Office Jail at (863) 767-9042.

How do I obtain the final disposition of a court case?

Final court dispositions are available through the Hardee County Clerk of Court at (863) 773-2070.

Where do I go to pay my traffic citation?

Traffic Citations are processed through the Traffic Division of the Hardee County Clerk of Court's Office. If you have any questions about paying a traffic citation, setting a hearing date, sign up for defensive driving classes, or late fees contact the Clerk's Office directly at (863) 773-2070.

Where can I get information on Sexual Predators or Offenders in my area?

Sexual predator or offender information can be obtained by going to www.fdle.state.fl.us/sexual_predators/search.asp.

I have a fix-it-ticket. What do I do with it?

Once you have had the vehicle fixed, then you would bring it to the Police Department, pay a fee of $5.00, and an officer will check your vehicle to make sure it is fixed, and sign off on the ticket, then you will need to take it to the clerk's office.






Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public-records request do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing. However, please note that all written forms of communication with the Wauchula Police Department, to include telephone logs, are subject to disclosure pursuant to F.S. 119. (This specific disclaimer is required pursuant to F.S. 668.6076.) Citizens are encouraged to provide anonymous tips. Email addresses containing anonymous tips are deemed confidential as active criminal investigative and/or active criminal intelligence under F.S. 119.0721(2) (c). Emails and email addresses containing such information will not be disclosed under the Public Records Act.


All original content of this website to include pictures and wording are copywrited by the Wauchula Police Department. Any use of this content without expressed authorization is strictly prohibited.